Thank you so much to Jennifer at Wanderlust Wallet for her Liebster Award Nomination of my blog. I appreciate the love!
For those of you who may not know, the Liebster Award is a recognition that bloggers give to other new and upcoming bloggers. Once you have been nominated, you fill out the questionnaire to give readers a few unknown facts about yourself. Afterwards, you nominate your own set of bloggers whose content you love, and invite them to continue the trend. It’s a great way to give exposure to blogs that don’t yet have a huge following and to share with your own readers the blogs that you enjoy as a reader.
Without further ado, my answers to the Liebster Award set of questions:
- How did you decide on the name of your blog?
When I first started the process of getting my blog up and running, I had the hardest time picking out a name for my site. Then, I stumbled upon this quote by Epictetus: “If one oversteps the bounds of moderation, the greatest pleasures cease to please.” I knew I wanted to write about many different topics, not just one niche topic. I also wanted to have one common thread. So, I decided on Moderate Muse, because finding balance in all areas of life is important, my last name is Muse, and I happen to be a fan of alliteration.
- Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
Daily life usually inspires my posts. I just started out, so thus far my posts have been about things I’m experiencing or trying to achieve.
- What is it that you love most about blogging?
I love the community. Blogging lets you connect and network with amazing people, writers, and business men and women who you would otherwise never connect with. It draws people together, and I love that.
- What is your favorite food?
Lakvar or sauerkraut pierogi and holupsi from the church kitchen in my home town. I’m 25% Czech, and I grew up eating the traditional Slovak foods. Those ladies seriously know how to cook.
- What is your favorite thing to drink (alcoholic or not)?
An after dinner tawny port or Jamestown Cellar’s Settler’s Spiced wine
- What is an item you cannot live without?
Chapstick. I literally cannot leave the house without it. I have made my husband turn the car around before. If he refuses, I sometimes pick up a stick while we’re out.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
On a farm within driving distance of San Francisco. We had our honeymoon there, and I am in love with the city. The people are fantastic, the food is amazing, and it has such a rich history and culture.
- If you could meet anyone from history, alive or dead, who would it be?
Anna Komnene of Constantinople.
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
I love it all. I love gardening, hiking, camping, and kayaking. I would much rather be outside experiencing the great outdoors than to be stuck inside.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself on a small homestead. My husband and I are trying to secure our financial future so that we can buy land and build a berm house. Our daughter already knows that she gets to have a horse when we move. I plan on having at least an acre to garden, an acre of apple trees, and a small herd of sheep.
- What are eleven random facts about yourself?
- I have wanted to be a sheep farmer since I was 6 years old.
- I promised my fourth grade teacher that I would dedicate my first book to her. I fully intend on keeping that promise.
- I like to collect antique books that have an inscription on the inside cover.
- My husband proposed to me one month after we met. I said yes.
- I had my first taste of alcohol ever, a sip of Limoncello, while traveling with my friend through Europe after high school.
- Our son Nicholas is named after my husband’s friend who passed away two days after he was a groomsman in our wedding. He is forever remembered and dearly loved.
- My dad’s side of the family is Amish and Mennonite.
- I studied history in college.
- I hate Thomas Jefferson.
- I have two dogs, Harley and Ember.
- I have an irrational fear of sewer manholes.
I would like to nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award. You all are fantastic writers, and I have truly enjoyed reading your posts.
Instructions for new nominees of the Liebster Award:
If you haven’t been nominated before and choose to accept the award, please do the following, and simply use the same questions as mine:
- Write a post about the fact that you’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award.
- In this post, link back to and show some love to the person who nominated you as well as nominate other new blogs that would not have more than 1000 followers. Let these nominated bloggers know that you have nominated them and provide a link back to your page to ensure that they are familiar with the award.
Display the Award in your post and in your side bar.
- Answer the questions about yourself.
- Put your post with your nominated blogs for the Liebster Award on social media. Spread the love!
Thank you again to Jennifer at Wanderlust Wallet. Your blog is well written, inspiring, and informative. Keep the great content coming!