Blog and life updates

Weekend Motivation

July 17, 2015
Excellence is the result of caring more

This past week, I traveled up to my hometown to attend a baby shower on Saturday for a long-time friend. The kids and I stayed for the week so that we could visit with another friend who would later be coming in from out of town, as well visiting with family. We also got to go to the Air and Space Museum with my parents while we were up that way. Seeing the space shuttle and all of the unique aircraft was a lot of fun. If you are ever in the DC area, it’s well worth the trip.

It’s always nice to get away from the daily routine, reconnect with old friends, and spend quality time with family. Having a vacation always helps to press the reset button on my motivation. I feel rejuvenated and ready to take on anything that life throws at me.

I had such a lovely time visiting with childhood friends and seeing family, but it is definitely great to be home again.

As part of my weekly roundup, here are a few of my articles from the past week:

3 Misconceptions of Millennials

10 Frugal Activities to Beat the Heat

10 Budget Friendly Family Outings

These are some great posts that I really enjoyed by other bloggers. You should check them out too.

Why I’ve Lived Without a TV for 4 Years

Reclaimed: How Old Wood Can Make Your Home Look New Again

How to Find Legitimate Work From Home Opportunities

How Are You Investing in Yourself?

I hope that you too enjoyed your week, and I hope you have a weekend filled with excellence!

• Reply Kirsten July 17, 2015 at 8:36 am

Thanks for the shout out, Kristi!
    Kirsten recently posted…I’m Finally Sharing My Big NewsMy Profile

• Reply moderatemuseblog July 17, 2015 at 9:12 am

Of course! I love your posts, Kirsten =] great content needs sharing.

• Reply Christina @ Embracing Simple July 18, 2015 at 9:36 am

Great round up, looking forward to reading these this weekend :) Hope you’re having a great one so far!!
    Christina @ Embracing Simple recently posted…The Top 10 Regrets of The DyingMy Profile

• Reply Alexis @ Fitnancials July 18, 2015 at 11:22 am

Sounds like a good week. I love reconnecting with old friends!

• Reply moderatemuseblog July 18, 2015 at 11:24 am

Thanks, yeah it was a great time! It’s always nice to reconnect with childhood friends.

• Reply Nelson July 19, 2015 at 5:38 am

One of my friends just had a baby and another one just got pregnant. The friend’s baby was five and a half pounds when I held her. Honestly, I didn’t know how to hold her and it made me nervous but she was precious.
    Nelson recently posted…When $10 is worth more than $10,000My Profile

• Reply moderatemuseblog July 19, 2015 at 1:02 pm

Congratulations to your friends! Wow, 5 pounds is tiny! Even though I have two kids of my own, I would be nervous to hold a newborn that small.

• Reply Cat Alford July 20, 2015 at 9:17 pm

Thanks for the mention beautiful friend!